Friday 30 January 2015

Four weeks in!

So  I am nearly into a month of a healthier lifestyle and I thought I would share my successes, fails and what I learned along the way.

Successes

1.I have significantly reduced my portions. I am more aware of what the right portions for me look like and when I am over eating.

2. I have introduced more vegetables into my meals. I try to have at least some sort of vegetable or salad or sauce containing vegetables with lunch and breakfast

3. I have learned to understand when I am hungry and when I am not and obey those cues (well some of the time). There have been times I have skipped or had light lunch or dinner because I was still full from a good lunch or breakfast.

4. I have developed the habit of walking as much as I can and if the weather allows and being more active at home in my chores and with my kids.

Failures

1.I have not been able to stick to a formal exercise programme like the HIIT and aerobics.

2. I have still had bad episodes of binge and comfort eating

Learning points

I have learned to listen to my body, I feel so energised after a few days of healthy eating , drinking water and moderate exercise and I can instantly feel the difference after a day of overeating or eating junk. I wake up lethargic an literally ill!

I am learning the importance of my cycle and how to work with it. I am learning I have to prepare with good healthy eating and exercise for the 'low days' before my period, taking it easy during that time and allowing myself healthy comfort food and then  making the most of the energy spurt I have just after my period. I am still learning more about this and myself but I now realise  how understanding yourself in relation to your cycle is so important.


I will have my first official weigh in on the 2nd of February and I am pretty sure I have not lost any major weight, if any. One lady did comment however that that I look slimmer and asked if I was on a diet. I am also able to close all my coat buttons! Hooray for progress.

xxx

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment