Friday 13 March 2015

Back on Track

Hello,

Well its been a while since I have posted here. I have been extremely busy the past few weeks but the main reason I stopped blogging was lack of motivation. Not only a lack of motivation to blog but with the whole healthy lifestyle thing.

So here is what happened, remember in my last post I said I was going to do a weigh in, well I weighed myself and shock horror I had gained weight? I started the journey at 82.7 kg and a month later I weighed 83 kg. I was so disappointed and felt I had made no progress whatsoever.

So I just stopped blogging and just forgot about the whole thing but you know the beautiful thing about habits they are just that ....habits. I continued to walk when I could, I was automatically making healthier choices and  my portions were still comparatively moderate. Funnily I didn't feel deprived at all I actually decided to go for heavier breakfasts and lunches and I think that has kept the evening binge at bay.

 A few weeks later I decided to get back on track and got support from a couple of friends on whats app who were trying to lose weight as well The support has been great! I also increased my physical activity.

I have decided to stay away from the scale on this journey but the last time I did weigh myself (about four days ago I weighed in at 81.7 kg. Now that's just one kilogram down since January which is slow progress but it is progress, the interesting thing for me is how much that kg shows. I have literally dropped a dress size! Now its a bit confusing to me and I'm wondering if there is some muscle weight in there. Either way I am happy to finally see results.

So as I always say this is a health journey so I am not going to focus so much on my weight, I believe that will naturally fall into place.

With all my worries about weight I  forgot how much I actually enjoyed cooking, especially  my native meals. I hope to share some of  my healthy recipes here in the near future.

xxx
Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment