Friday 2 January 2015

About Me

Okay, I am not one who has been in to New Year's resolutions (mostly because I don't stick to them), however the 2nd of January has been the most convenient date to get more serious about my health journey.

I have been on and on off my health journey for about three years. After the birth of my first daughter I was motivated by the desire to get back to pre-mummy shape so I went on a free health course where I learnt the basics of healthy living and lifestyle ( I wasn't very clued up before then, I ate whatever I wanted and stayed generally slim). I cleaned up my eating habits, lost some weight and was a happy bunny....for a while. A year later old habits had crept in and I had gained all the weight and more!

So I began again and was really driven this time,  I cut out junk reduced my portions and was back to my goal weight within no time..... then there was the happy announcement of baby number two!

I did maintain mostly healthy eating and I was walking to work and back everyday so I think I put on a relatively healthy amount during my entire pregnancy: about 20 pounds. Unfortunately the pounds did not budge afterwards  and I suppose I just gave up. I ended up developing the worst eating habits ever.

So here I am a year and half later still 20 pounds overweight, lethargic and feeling generally unhealthy. Its not all about the weight this time. I suppose weight loss alone is not the best motivation for the long term. I really want be healthier for me and my family so here I am on the 2nd of January starting this blog to:

1. Be accountable
2.Share anything I learn along the way that might help anyone.
3.Have some fun blogging!

Anne
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment