Tuesday 6 January 2015

Do 'healthy recipes' make you eat more ?

I  am not sure anyone else has noticed or experienced this or its just me.  In the past when I got fired up to lose weight and eat healthy I would spend hours looking up health recipes and meal plans.I would then shop for all kinds of ingredients I had never used before.

I realised one of two things happened.

1. I wouldn't like some of the meals and for lack of some the recipes and my family felt like I was subjecting them to torture. So we would end up with a ready meal or order a take away.

2. I would fill the fridge with all sorts of 'healthy snacks' for the week which I would finish in two days.

Now the funny thing is when I was at a healthy weight and didn't think so deeply about what I ate, I hardly had or wanted take away. I have always enjoyed cooking so I just cooked the meals I grew up with.  Don't get me wrong I do like to experiment in cooking and try new recipes but sometimes on a diet there is the urge to completely change your well ..diet. lol

I also remember I didn't grow up snacking between meals. To be honest I used to have two major meals a late breakfast then supper at four  At most I would have three main meals.  The whole idea of snacking to keep you from getting hungry was something I adopted when I wanted to lose weight and for me I don't lose weight when I snack often.

When did I begin over thinking about food so much. Hubby is a naturally slim man and all he says is he just eats when he is hungry.

Well it would be foolhardy to say learning about healthy eating made me gain weight, I have learnt how to cook healthy versions of  the meals I grew up with. I am just wondering if we sometimes go overboard and its just a few simple changes that can make a lasting difference.

Just sharing my thoughts.  I understand that there may be some with different backgrounds and did not grow up with home cooked meals so it would be  different for for everyone.

Share any thoughts please.

Thanks

Anne

xxx



3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the recipes. I actually become obsessed. Would love to share the ones that actually taste good with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, Its so easy to get obsessed. Lets definitely share some good FILLlING recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha, Its so easy to get obsessed. Lets definitely share some good FILLlING recipes.

    ReplyDelete