Friday 2 January 2015

Healthy Habit Challenge !!

In my last post I listed the unhealthy habits I developed over the last two years. Writing everything down makes everything so much clearer and makes it easier to find solutions. So here is what I am going to do about those unhealthy habits .....Absolutely nothing!

I am not going to focus on breaking those old habits but instead I hope to develop new ones. ( Its basically the same thing but perspective counts people!)

The annoying thing about me is I have gained quite a lot of knowledge on healthy eating: from the health course I went on to the numerous books, articles, blogs and you tube channels I read and follow. There is so much out there I think I have information overload. Its back to basics for me. Simplicity is the key for me to succeed and make a healthy lifestyle a second nature.

Here are the healthy habits I hope to develop over the next six weeks and maintain for another six. I chose three months because I think if I can stick to them that long they should become second nature.

So here they are

1. Drink more water
2. No eating after 8pm
3.When I have the urge to snack, I will snack on fruits/vegetables and nuts and have a large glass of water
4. Increase vegetable portions on my plate
5. Sweeten foods (only if I have to) with natural sweeteners.
6. Go for whole and least processed options of food I can afford
7.Walk three hours a week:
8. Formal exercise twice a week
9.Cook from scratch as much as possible.
10. Early bedtime for an early rise and good breakfast!

Okay so that's my list for the next three months. Obviously this is a very general list and I will break this down into a more specific plan which I will post soon.

Is anyone willing to join in the challenge? If you are a complete beginner, serial yo yo dieter or have slacked on your healthy journey why not join in and lets motivate each other. You don't have to go with my habits goals and they don't even have to necessarily be up to ten. It should be as personal and achievable as possible.

Just list your habit goals in the comment section and lets get started!








Anne 
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment