Monday 5 January 2015

Scale Rant

Okay I know I should not be checking the scale so early in the game but once in a while (daily more like) Hyde rears its ugly head and drags me to it. I did a  weigh in on the 2nd of July so I could have a reference point and weighed in 82.7kg  Two days later on the fourth I weighed in 82.4kg and I thought yes! progress so soon.  Back to the scale today I was back at 82.7kg. I mean seriously! I have been really good compared to the amount I ate over the Christmas holidays.

Deep down I know the truth that weight fluctuates daily and I might not see real results till four weeks but somehow the scale still affects my mood and subconsciously makes me feel like I am failing. My husband calls the scale my mighty oracle that I consult to determine my mood. Sad but true.

That's  how I have been discouraged over the past year: By being a scale junky!


So I am going to put the scale away till my next weigh in about the 2nd of February. I have to remind myself that this is more about being healthy and hopefully weight loss will be a by product.

So goodbye scale. Its been fun (sometimes) but I think our relationship has gotten a bit toxic and we need a break.



2 comments:

  1. I think we have all heard it, "the scale isn't an accurate representation of what's going on" and it's true but I get how you feel. Even now after three years on this journey the scale still alters my thoughts and feelings. I think having some distance is a good thing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope I am disciplined enough to stay away!

      Delete