Friday 2 January 2015

Confessions-My Unhealthy Habits

I suppose by acknowledging the unhealthy habits that are preventing success in this journey I can tackle them one by one.  So here they are

1. Grazing ( a lot): Developed this while breastfeeding. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the never ending feeling of hunger when breastfeeding?  Well  I was crazy hungry all the time and therefore ate all the time. Well  I am no longer breastfeeding so no more excuses.

2. Big portions of meals especially carbs: Yep that was on top of grazing.

3. Not being able to stick to an exercise routine: I could blame, having two little ones and work and general lack of time. But to be honest  I have been too ambitious and never started out slow, which brings me to the next.

4. Being an all or nothing person. Wont say much but that is a very unnecessary way to live!

5. Convenience food: Juggling a family and work has led me to easy option ready made dinners like pizzas and fish and chips etc. with my portion sizes.... not good.

6.Eating late: Unnecessary snacking at night.

7. I don't drink enough water and unfortunately hate the taste of water when I am not extremely thirsty.

8. Not enough fruit and vegetables: We do eat a minimal amount of fruit and veg and a few smoothies but I definitely  need to increase the percentage in my diet.

So there are some of the unhealthy habits I need to tackle to get back on track. What are some of your unhealthy habits?

If you have any ideas on how to tackle any of these please share: PS: take note of the reasons behind them, eg convenience, time etc

Thanks



Anne

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment